søndag 4. januar 2015

Workplaces #1 - Brack/Metropolis

I should have written this post earlier since I've been here for 4 months but...UFOs took me  I don't have any excuse, I'm sorry!
From the beginning of my project I work in two youthclubs, so let me introduce them a bit deeper (with photos of course)!
The aim of the clubs is to provide place, facilites and organise programs where kids can participate for free or just for a little money.
All of the programs are alcohol and drog free!
On tuesdays, fridays, and every second monday I'm at Brack. On the other days I'm at Metropolis.
My bosses and co-workers are all nice and helpfull!
If I drop a sentence (but not in purpose!!!) that I need something (even if its not indispensable), they always come with a solution right away.
for example:
I told a story that life is soo hard without a microwave oven...of course I got one after 10 minutes!
I mentioned that I wanna learn how to play on drums...next day I got a full drum kit to my office!

And I could tell a lot of stories like dinner invitations, trips, books, everything :)

I like both places equally so I chose alphabetical order to start!

1. Brack Ungdomsklubb (Bekkefaret)

Brack Ungdomsklubb is a youthclub for children mostly in the age between 13-16,
It is open on every tuesday and friday with different kind of activities, both days usually from 6 pm until 9 or 10 pm, though bands can use the rehearsal rooms nearly whenever they want.
On tuesdays from 6 o'clock kids can come and
- play videogames in playstation rooms
- practice music in fully equipped rehearsal rooms
- join other activities like food/halloween/christmas workshops etc,,
- or just hang out with their friends at the coffee area.

We also have a media workshop on tuesday where kids can learn everything about filmmaking.
How to write scripts, to use equipments for instance camera, lights, sounds, everything! They not just learn, they make their own movies of course!

On fridays there are concerts, acoustic nights, discos and other great activities!



 Brack Ungdomsklubb

 






Coffee area






Rehearsal room












My office 

2. Metropolis

Metropolis is a nice and big cultur house in the center of Stavanger with plenty of exciting programs, workshops and facilities.
It's for kids in all ages from 13-18, open from sunday til thursday 2pm-9pm.
There is a cafe where kids can eat or drink pretty much cheaper than at other places in the city.

Danceroom, rehearsal rooms, music studio, meeting rooms, 
concert hall, film-studio. 

These are all in Metropolis and kids can use it for free! Comparing to hungarian possibilities...yes kids here are lucky:)
There are also playstation (4), billiard, and air hockey tables. 

Concerts are usually on thursdays and we film them with four cameras. Just like at Bekkefaret, equipments here are very good quality and professional!
An exciting project for new year to stream concerts on youtube! 





Coffee area







Concert hall










Film Studio










Meeting room






Sorry if I forgot something, there are way too much things in these places:)

Andris

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar