tirsdag 14. april 2015

Workplaces # 2 Hundvågfritidsklubb / Byhaugkaféen

Hi !

I'm Léa, the french girl, and I will introduce my wokplaces to you.

My schedule is divided in two, meaning that half of the week I'm at the youth club of Hundvåg and the other half I work at Byhaugkaféen.


When I work at Hundvåg it's mostly during the evenings. I look after the kids (13-16 y.o), play and have conversations with them. We organize activities / special evenings regularly (concerts, karaoke, food workshops, tenis table or pool tournements...) and outdoor activities as well during the holidays like skying, bowling, lazer tag.. I'm also in charge of the café so I prepare food and drinks. We are three workers per evening so we switch places many times an evening to not be stuck in the kitchen, to move and spend time with the kids.

There are two music rooms where the bands can practice, a media room with a computer, cameras and equipments for recording sounds. There is a disco room, a playstation, tennis table, football table and a pool table. The kids come to this club to socialize, hang out with their friends. I like this place because they can feel free to be themselves and to participate or not to the activities but at the same time there are rules. My coworkers consider my as equal, they asked me for my opinions and ideas since the beginning and they help me a lot when I want to organize something. Soon I will have a photography workshop and the 17th of april we will have a music festival that we have been preparing since several months.



  When I work at Byhaugen, it's during the day.


The house is renting out many times of week for every kind of events like seminars, birthday parties, workshops, yoga... I'm in charge of the blogs, I design posters for some events, Every monday and tuesday of december we have welcomed children to create christmas decorations. When we welcome people for other events we prepare coffee, waffles, help in the kitchen or other things if I can be useful. For example, last sunday we did face painting. When people are coming to pick up a key, I show them the place and explain the rules. To sum up a lot of different things! I have the freedom to organize whatever I feel like as well :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar