mandag 12. januar 2015

Flights and Fights

I was supposed to fly on the 22nd of december, I was the last one to come back to the home country. I spent 2 nights alone is the house, it was weird and dead without the guys. I was not confortable with leaving the house alone for many days. And what if a tornado is coming and destroy the house ? What if a thief breaks the door to steal our twenty years old tv ?
Anyway I went to the airport, I waited 2 hours, and 10min before boarding it was written on the screen "new time 16.25". Whaaaaaat ? I had a connecting flight in Oslo at the same time so it was impossible to catch it. On my way to the reception, I heard a stewart speaking french on the phone, talking about the same problem as mine. He helped me and checked the flight on his special application and said "it's bad for you, I think you will not fly today". After waiting and standing up for an hour in the big reception's line, my flight was rebooked for the next day. I went back home to Sunde and I could't even find comfort in the food because the fridge was completely empty (defrosting). The next day, it was sunny, I was happy, I flew, everything went well, and 2 friends were supposed to pick me up at the airport. They told me to wait for them in the express parking so I went there and I had a little moment of panic because the parking was huge and I couldn't reach them on the phone. After 15min I could reach one of them but the signal was bad so I didn't understand where they were and the conversation was cut because he didn't have battery anymore. The other friend didn't have battery anymore either of course. Anyway after more than half an hour we've finally found each other ! :)

Léa

chilling area in the airport

My flight wasn't that much better than Léa's..
At first when I started in Duesseldorf Airport the flight was 20 minutes delayed. I already had the feeling that I wouldn't catch my connecting flight because it was supposed to fly 35 minutes after my arrival in Copenhagen, but the woman at the counter said it would be fine..I trusted her .. It was a mistake.
Shortly before the arrival in Copenhagen the crew told us that the passengers flying to Stockholm and Stavanger have missed their connecting flights. That was where the disaster began.
I got off the plane and went to the counter where they told me that there was no flight at this night. Yeyy I would have to stay in Copenhagen and fly at the next morning.
They equipped me with the boarding pass for the next day, a check in card for the hotel and an overnight kit (one of these stupid bag things where you have a shirt, deo, shampoo and all these kind of stuff you need to survive a night).
I checked in my hotel, got my dinner and went to bed. Unfortunatly as I was about to set the alarm for the next day my phone decided to turn off and not turn on again.. second phone I broke within three weeks .. lucky me.
So I had to get up again and go to the reception to ask for a morning call to wake me up. I didn't trust the alarm too much so I was more or less awake the whole night.
When I finally arrived in Stavanger and wanted to pick up my luggage it hadn't arrived, yet.
I waited at the baggage carousel for about 20 minutes until the last baggage was picked up, still hoping my baggage would appear magically .. It didn't.
They gave me a paper with an online link to check if my baggage would arrive and told me to call them, since they couldn't call me. Well, I had no phone.
At the bus station I coud't believe my luck I had to wait  1 1/2 hours for the next bus! Fortunately there was a guy waiting for the same bus and we could have a chat and he payed me a coffee. Thanks :)
Of course the bus was late and we had to wait another half an hour and when I finally got off the bus at our stop it started to rain and snow
When I arrived at our house I was pretty much done with this day. I was exhausted, tired and hungry but luckily Andris had some food in the fridge which I could eat ! You saved the life of my stomach thanks :)
In the evening my luggage appeared and they brought it to me.
What a nice start in 2015 !

Charlotte



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar